Last night we packed the Lowertown Brewery with 94 people who came to hear from our fantastic presenters and sample some delicious soup and bread prepared by Chef Kyle. 94 attendees means the winning project for the evening took home $940!
Congratulations to Derek for this “From Field to Feast” which will help students at Sir Guy Carleton high school develop an aquaponics system to grow organic, sustainable vegetables. Follow their progress on twitter @sgcaquaponics or check out their website.
A big shout-out to all of our presenters who each showcased a unique and thoughtful project..
- From Field to Feast – Students using aquaponics to grow organic, sustainable vegetables.
- CleanKits – Hygiene kits for those facing socioeconomic challenges.
- Alternative Community Service – An online platform connecting youth to volunteer opportunities in the creative community.
- New Works by The Windows Collective – Creation of a new 16mm film installation to present to local communities.
- Housing Hackathon – Developing real and effective housing solutions for the chronically homeless in Ottawa.
- BlankSpaces – An Ottawa-based arts and culture print publication.